Thursday, May 3, 2012

Please send recipes!

Sorry for not writing earlier this week. I just didn´t feel like it, and though my companion really wanted to, I made a point to show him who is boss and we are doing it today. Or, maybe it´s just that in Argentina every other day is a holiday and the guy that owns the computer place didn´t open until I´m sure only half an hour after we were allowed to write two days in a row by pure happenstance. Bah Humbug. At least I didn´t have the same thing happen to me as Elder Gimenez. Monday was his mom´s birthday, and he hasn´t been able to write her until right now. ¡Ay no! Some very important things happened this week. Number one (an epithet given only to Boca and Instituto), I finally decided on my soccer teams. Everyone here has two because one has to decide between the big Buenos Aires teams and also among the local Córdoba teams. Boca is from Buenos Aires with bright yellow and just a regular blue as the colors, and Instituto resides in the Gloria and totes red and white. The clincher for picking Instituto was the grocery store in our area (Super Gloria, complete with a giant Instituto flag and a monkey). They feed me. What more can I ask? Number two, I ate a mango this morning, and it was rather delicious. It is really cold right now, so our pension is like a refridgerator, making it so that I had to wait a whole week until it was ready. Our one little heater for a spacious, not air-tight apartment and four people is a blessing, but gratefully another one is on the way. Really, more importantly, we had a rather glorious experience with a lady named Chola. She has been practically thrown out of every church she has attended at some point and time for something out of her control, and that ripped my heart out and brought to mind the scripture in Alma that tells Helaman to teach the people an everlasting hatred for sin and iniquity. Yeah, I officially hate the actions of some of the churches, though the people themselves for the most part really do intend well. Anyway, she came to the chapel with us just to check it out on Saturday, and she didn´t tell us until we went into the last room that ever since the moment that she entered she had felt a burning throughout her entire body. We testified that it was the Spirit of the Lord telling her that this church is true and the right place to be. She doesn´t have a baptismal date yet, but she has been deeply blessed by the gospel already. Speaking of actions that I abhor with all of my inner strength forevermore and refuse to quit fighting against, pardon my use of Spanish here, but I can´t express it well enough in English, and it doesn´t have the same effect. YO ODIO CUANDO LAS PERSONAS ENSEÑAN MENTIRAS Y USAN ESCRITURAS CORTADAS PARA DECIR COSAS QUE JESÚS NO FUE SALVADOR Y QUE JOSÉ SMITH NO FUE PROFETA!!!!! ADEMÁS, NO ME DIGA QUE DIOS NO ESCUCHA, PORQUE SIEMPRE ESTÁ GRITANDONOS PARA QUE NOSOTROS ESCUCHEMOS A SU PALABRA PORQUE ÉL ES TODOPODEROSO Y SABE TODAS COSAS QUE SON PARA NUESTRO BENEFICIO. Allí está. Basically, don´t lie to people when you teach, ever, for that is against the 10 commandments, and pray always with the understanding that God answers in his own due time. I have started to eat way better in two senses. I have struggled since my mystery surgery back in August of 2011 to eat large quantities of food as I was wont to do beforehand, which thing has pained my soul oh so much, but now my appetite has finally returned and I can´t stop eating at times. I haven´t been full for a week and a half. Also, I have started to eat healthier, including veggies and fruits in my diet instead of alfajores all day everyday. The Lord will help me to be healthier, but I need to put in my part to keep this good looking body in mint condition as is for as long as possible. My time comes. Elder Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment