Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Gooooooolazooooooo!

¡Goooooooolazooooo! I love football. Staying in good shape and having a good time really make up a solid part of a healthy, spiritual life. The good book says "who will ascend to the hill of the Lord?" Only those that wash their hands and eat things that are good for the heart." This analogy really hits home for me, because in truth, too many of the Lord´s kingdom obey the Word of Wisdom in light of the omissive commands, and not the commands concerning eating veggies and delectable hunks of meat. Living well for a short time and then living in horrid health circumstances doesn´t even come close to matching the glory and great accomplishment of forcing down those raw eggs every morning and chomping on that broccoli to end up looking like me, or better yet, me in twenty months when I walk across the airport after having instituted my great health plan that I have yet to discover. But seriously, be good, and eat well. Don´t be lovin´ it all day everyday. In the event of a baptism, try to have some back up investigators to teach afterwards, or to bring along to the baptism and to see how silly it is to be scared of it. A wise man learns from his mistake, a super wise man learns from the mistakes of others, and Arenales I and II just plow on. We did a whole day of contacting, and surprisingly taught more lessons than when we tried to set up appointments. So much goes for retention, but things are improving, it seems. Concerning my daily scripture studies: oh, how I miss the pens from the States! My good BYU pen from the beloved Elder Trevor Pierce, may he preach in peace, has run out of black ink, and my weak, purple pen that aspires to be black will just have to make do. All other colors work just fine. Currently, I am in the war chapters of Alma, and it shocked me how much actually gets underlined in red, meaning that it applies to the mercy of God. Not that it´s a bad thing, but just that amongst all the blood and scalping and military strategem, I didn´t expect so much. It just goes to show that the Lord works during all times of life, including when we are in great danger physically, like when this lady decided to sic her crazy dogs on us even though she gave us her address and said to pass by. No bites, just a sore ego for being rejected and deep sadness for another lost lamb amongst the wolves of evil workers. The Lord is good, but going over time is not. ¡ciao! Elder Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment