Monday, April 1, 2013

I don't think we are in Kansas anymore!

There are some places in the mission that I don´t think that I will be able to bring my family to visit when all is said and done. We live smack in the middle of two Red Zones, and basically try to avoid being near the pension until its time to go inside. Our first lesson together was to three youths smoking marijuana. They were rather respectful, and I hope that we have been able to incite at least a small change in their lives. I love the people here, but this will be an off limits Zone for a family of gringos walking around with cameras and credit cards to get around... The Bishop here is very oriented towards getting out and doing some good. When we ask him what we can do for his family, he tells us to organize a family home evening with the new converts in the neighborhood. It just makes my day to talk to him. My companion is really great. Elder Garcia has a great gift to be able to really relate to the people and tell them how the gospel has changed his life for the better. Gotta love him. This Easter was spent very quietly. I was able to meet some really, really good people in our ward that truly love the Lord and His children. In spite of all the crazy things that I may tell about the things that go on here, I feel very comfortable and protected by the Spirit, the neighbors and the members. Even our contacts warn us about the dangerous areas and how to avoid them without losing too much time. Feeling this love towards us from our fellow man makes me think about how the Savior loves us. He warns us of the Spiritual dangers that we have and wishes that we can stay as far away from them as is possible to be able to live with Him some day. We have some people lined up to be baptized if we keep working really hard. None of them are more than 20 years old, and its a great time to be a youth in the Ward José Ignaci Díaz! I love you all, and love this work! Elder Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment