Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy Easter

I got moved again! Elder Bethers and I were sad to see it happen, but it had to be done to get the work moving even faster. He is going to train this transfer, and I am now back in Córdoba Capiiiiital as a senior companion. It was a long journey, and quite and adventure. First of all, we got to the terminal in Río Cuarto to take the bus, and nobody else was there. We prayed for guidance and a member from our ward magically walked right in front of us two minutes later and we learned that the others had gone without even calling us to tell us that the bus was going earlier than what they had told us. So, we bought tickets for the next bus and travelled for two hours before I had to go to the bathroom. I prayed again, and we stopped in five minutes for a bathroom break and met up with other Elders heading for the terminal in Córdoba. We started off again, and as we arrived the bus broke down 100 feet from the terminal, so we had to walk. Then I saw a ton of people that I knew, including many old friends, companions, people from my group, and Elders who had been in my previous areas, so we talked for a while before heading out to my new area. My area is called José Ignacio Díaz, and my companion, Elder García, is an Argentine from Chubut. I am super excited to get to know him and to get to work! They tell me that its a ghetto in my area, so they baptize like crazy here. We currently don´t have a phone due to residential "friendliness", or familiarity if you´d like to call it that, by way of an unauthorized request that we live the law of consecration by donating our cellphone to the cause of a potential investigator that we have yet to find again. Ï am very safe in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and thank Him for the opportunity to show my faith and love the people here. Saying goodbye this last time was the hardest of all of my areas by far. I couldn´t visit everyone, but those whom I couldn´t visit will receive letters promptly. I will be dedicating an hour every P-Day to write my converts and beloved members as a rule to complete with what it says in the White Handbook about keeping up our communication. Since it´s free, there is no excuse other than selfish laziness. Anyhow, I may or may not have cried once or twice or more while I visited the families that I came to love so much over these past four.. were they years or months? I can´t remember. I am happy. The members fed us like crazy, and even the investigators were really sad to see me go. I know that because of the Plan of Salvation that each and every one of us will meet again at Jesus feet, as the song says. My trainer finishes his mission this wednesday, which is crazy, and my brother in the mission, Elder Zaracho, is already training with only nine months in the mission. He will go far in life, that is for sure. I am just rearing to go and work my tail off here, giving it my all and leaving behind no regrets. Oh boy, am I pumped! This work makes me exuberantly joyful and I love the Savior´s gentleness and strength. Keep up the good work, everyone! Elder Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment