Monday, October 29, 2012

Have I done any good?

To start, this question is a great way to analyze our own day and pushes us toward doing some good. My response to that question is a change in the question: Have I done ONLY good in the world today? Have I helped EVERYONE in need? Have I cheered up the sad and made EVERYONE feel glad. If not, I have failed indeed. For more insight, see Mosiah 28:3 in the Book of Mormon. Apparently, my accent is very much like unto that from Spain, and three or so people asked me if I was from Spain this week. I guess I watched the Princess Bride waaaay too much beforehand, for I always quoted IƱigo Montoya. In that movie, there is a true principle. Wesley says "Death doesn´t stop true love; it just... delays it for a while." As we all know, this life is not the end of existence. Were it so, there would be no point, and I would not be here doing the things that I am doing. Our purpose is to be happy now, later and forever. Now, for the peace that the Spirit brings, later, for not having to be wearied by our future past sins and forever with our families. The Lord is watching over each and every one of us. May all of you learn that individually. Sorry for the short letter. Lots to do! Elder Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment