Monday, August 27, 2012

Listen to the Truth!!!

I got moved! My new area is called Valle Viejo (Ole Valley) in Catamarca. I left the pension at 10:30 last night and took a bus from Córdoba to here at midnight, arriving at six, getting to the Zone Leaders´ pension at sevenish, and getting to my pension at eightish. Córdoba is a very beautiful city, but I will have to be dead honest in saying that Catamarca blows it out of the water. The mountains are huge on both sides, and our two-man pension is bigger than my old four-man. I will leave this area with legs of steel due to our surely trusty and sturdy bikes which we will use on a daily basis. Apparently all of Catamarca is desert with the exception of where I happen to be working for the time being. It´s a super small branch, but if we can get ten more people to come to church for three months we´ll get a chapel up in this place. I am pumped for this new chance, but sad that I didn´t get to tell my companion Elder Martinez goodbye seeing as he was in Jesus Maria at the time on intercambios. My new companion is Elder Gilman from Boise. He seems awesome, and we get along pretty well from what I can tell. This last week was crazy. I had never felt so much pressure to baptize people in my life, and in the end, after much fasting, long prayers, and frantic antics of testifying to all possibilities, we weren´t able to baptize this last transfer. The Lord really tried our faith, and I learned that we have to understand that His thoughts are not our thoughts. Arenales is super set to baptize this upcoming month, though, and they should get quite a few people a shot at the Celestial Kingdom´s first requirement through baptism. One of our investigators came to church, and beforehand we went to his house to spur him on. In that event he told us of a crazy dream that was easily recognized as a sign from God that this church is true. His only doubt is that he feels that others might be true as well... They´ll take care of him and treat him well while I am gone. As I left last night, bidding a seemingly eternal farewell to so many families and individuals, my heartstrings got played quite a bit, and I will definitely keep those I knew in my prayers and heart. I got a package from the Hampels, and it has blessed the lives of many people through the goodness of Starbursts and Crystal Light. I am pleased to know that all are doing well, and loved getting Brayden´s graduation announcement at the end of August. Shoulda told me sooner, though pal. I might´ve made it. Upon thinking on home, I have realized that many of my dearest friends and beloved family are creeping up on their time to get out and serve missions of their own. I highly recommend it, and will always say that it is the right thing to do. Get it done as soon as possible, and you will never regret it. I personally have spent a ton of the Lord´s time working my tail off in the mission field, and still have had a blast. I know from this experience that all can have the same type of chance if they will just take the one little step of faith and get out here. I can always do better, but the Lord knows how to help us best, and makes room for our mistakes. He loves each and every one of us truly. Our Father in Heaven is an incredible planner. I should learn from His example and crack to it, and therefore I am taking this transfer to really learn how to plan and apply all that I can. Organize yourselves, He says, and we should all take it to heart. What do you think we are going to do when we are creating our own worlds if we cant keep the matierials of our own room straight? Let alone a universe in its entirety! To finish, the price of this ciber (public computer lounge) has really satisfied me, seeing as it is half the price of the one that I used to attend. Portensen mal. Digo portensen bien. (Act poorly. I mean, be good) Elder Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment