Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Clark!

This week was the best week of my mission yet. I testify that obedience to gospel principles and love for those around us cause miracles directly. Many of my wildest dreams came true this week, and I love my Savior and King. I have always dreamed of going to a foreign country and challenging a group of dudes on the street to a game of soccer to teach them a lesson afterwards. On Friday, after a few rough experiences, we didn´t know where to go, and stopped to say a prayer. We tend to keep our eyes open during the prayer to watch for people walking by or to lower our voices if someone is too close, and right in the middle of the prayer, four guys started waving us over to play. Never has a prayer been answered so quickly for me in my life. We played, we did very well, and we got in a good lesson afterward. Then, because every companionship in our zone baptized this last month, we got a special treat from President Salas to a pizza per companionship and three hours of soccer in a rented field. I scored on the Pres and got decently dirty, but the best part was just to have a break and some time to celebrate good times. This week we taught more lessons than I have ever done in my mission, and we had nine investigators in church. We had strived super hard to work diligently and obediently, as well as fasted to have an added measure of the spirit present in the lessons, and the Lord blessed us abundantly. He lives, he loves, and he gives us all He can in accordance to our actions. I really invite all to try out this principle, because it works, and it isn´t selfish to want blessings if those blessings are intended to help others. We should have a baptism coming up this weekend, but it all depends on what the spirit tells us and the Zone Leaders, because Ezequiel is definitely able and willing. He seems to have stopped using heavy drugs and smoking, which is incredible, considering we found him a week and a half ago. He has come to four activities thus far and accepted everything wholeheartedly. There is talk of opening a new area inside of our area, enough that we are searching for a pension in Monte Cristo and beginning to work more and more there as Arenales II. We had three lessons with members in two hours when we visited this Sunday, and it is my goal to help the Lord open that new place before they kick me out of here. Godspeed, all Elder Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment