Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentines from the Lord!

Well, this church is true. I will always stand before you and repeat that should it be put into question. God is real and loves His children. This became rather evident to me as for the past 20 years He has constantly answered my selfish prayers and taught me how to be more like Christ. This past year y pico is not excluded. The scriptures are becoming part of who I am, and it becomes natural to share them when I speak. How I wish that that doesn´t change in my life! Nobody came to church this weekend, but I feel that it was to make my soul search itself a bit and to let me know of the Lord´s way of teaching me. I felt so much peace yesterday that I can´t even begin to think of trying to know how to express what it felt like, and it lasted for hours and hours, despite utter, embarrassing rejection behind rejection. We found two chosen investigators just yesterday as well. Fani listened to the Restoration and thanked us as we offered her a Book of Mormon. Thank you, she said, I will read this chapter. I want to know if I can live with my mother again. One of these days I am going to invite y´all over to teach me more. I am available any day in the afternoon. When can y´all pass by? And then we found the brother (Luiz) of the member wife (Eva) of our most progressing investigator (Guillermo). Eva and Guillermo get married on Valentines Day and Guillermo will shortly thereafter get baptized. Luiz has listened in the past but never understood the importance of the message, nor that he can receive an answer to his efforts, not just his prayers alone. He will also begin to read, pray and come to church if we continue to help him. Also, the Reyes family should get married and baptized here soon, to help us complete with the goal of one family a month for the rest of the mission! Centro Ward is going to have a Linger Longer this weekend, and we are ecstatic! We, being Elder Bethers and I for six more weeks (SCOOOOORE!!!!). I love Elder Bethers as a brother. Speaking of brothers, Elder Zaracho, my brother in the mission, is going to live with the assistants five blocks from the mission home with one of the Zone Leaders who moved up to being an assistant. Elder Zaracho will do great things in life. Elder Thompson will take his place in the pension, and I love Elder Thompson. He keeps following me around though. In all three Zones that I have been in he has followed me. Norte, Catamarca and now Rio Cuarto. I think that the Lord wishes that we learn a ton from each other. The people here love and respect the calling of a missionary, but not half as much as they do the missionaries. When I am down, and oh my soul is weary, as the song says, They raise me up, following the example of Christ. Keep your eyes out for those who need, and raise them up a bit. I love y´all, per en serio! In Christ, Elder Lindsey P.S. If anyone has the emails of someone else in the family or friends that want to listen in, I´d love to add them in the CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment