Monday, January 28, 2013

Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen

The title is the only prison song that I know, and due to the fact that I entered one this week to talk to an investigator´s significant other, I thought that it would be fitting. I had completely forgotten all documentation, yet somehow still managed to get through... hmm... Anyways, to make things more epic, it was all during our time for our interviews with the President, and we had to take a taxi there and back. The first taxi driver robbed us of 20 pesos, so we had to cut the ride back short and walk the rest of the way. Ah, the joys of the mission!! My talk with the President was great. He wants me to fully drive myself in the gospel and let nothing get in the way. Opposition, trials, temptations, all of them are naughty excuses for not achieving great wonders in the name of the Lord. We currently are about to explode here in Centro, and the members are really getting good at staying excited for the work. We´ve been spreading cards, Preach My Gospels and copies of the Book of Mormon like wildfire, and hope that it catches big. Two of the part member families are getting married here in February, so we are way happy for them. I love my companion. He is humble, intelligent, meek, loving, funny, and . Elder Bethers will be a lifelong friend for me, especially because he lives so close. He reminds me of Layten Durda mixed with Trevor Pierce and Clayton Young, three of the people with which I share some of my fondest memories before the mission. What a pleasure it is to serve with him in this blessed land! I got Christmas mail from the ward back home, and it made my day. Isaac Fotu had some great comments about David, but don´t tell him I said that. Just keep doing what you´re doing, pal. The Moeller´s Questionaire was hilarious, and the mere mention of carnivore soup makes my stomach do flips and twirls inside. All in all, I am happy to say that I am alive and well, the Lord is blessing us with people to teach, and expects us to work very hard. In all reality, we don´t have the time to visit everyone by ourselves and have to get organizing regular divisions to keep us on the right track coming up here soon. Love, joy and peace to everyone. Elder Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment