Wednesday, December 12, 2012

As I have heard reports of the Lone Peak High School Madrigal Feast and its festivious successes, I am again turned to think on the Savior and how much I love Him. My favorite of all the songs we ever sang for Christmas is "Jesus Christ the Apple Tree" I don´t have time to write the lyrics, but He keeps us alive and gives us rest. The Reason for the Season is love, as the Bible teaches us. "God is love", we learn. So, how do we become like Him? Love! We worked like crazy this last week to get all of the members in on the Bring-a-friend-to-church Day, and those that did were richly rewarded it seems. Those who didn´t saw that, and have promised to work with us this next week. Whew. So much to plan, and so little time to do it! We had a couple come with us to church on Sunday, and they really enjoyed it. They are talking about coming back, and their questions slowly answer themselves in the message of the gospel. We are very happy for them. We had our Christmas Zone Conference yesterday, and it was great to get packages and letters from everyone whilst missionaries from across the world did the same and feasted on delicious roast pork and beef. We played soccer, piano, sang carols and just enjoyed ourselves. I have heard that the mission calls for the young ladies have already been sent out to the world near you. Mary Petersen wrote to tell me of her upcoming adventures in Canada. Good luck Mary! I love really getting to know people and having them feel the Savior´s love as I have come to feel it. "For this is life eternal, to know the Father." I hope we can all do that especially over this Christmas season. In Christ, Elder Lindseyi

No comments:

Post a Comment