Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hey!

I finally got photos to send out! This is an opportune time to send them as well, considering that we have just had a slew of baptisms and some great spiritual times. Sadly, however, the computer took forever to load them, and I only will be able to send one or two. Our numbers haven´t been that great this week, but we had two days of work cut out for Zone Conference and another day with a sick compy, so truly it was out of our control. Our area has baptisms planned for the rest of the transfer every Saturday. Great things are in store for us, and all that we have to do is work hard enough and live worthily. Music is fantastic. My new favorite hymn was translated poorly into Spanish, but in English it really hits home. #185 Reverently and Meekly Now. For those of you who are music theory geeks like me, there is some great stuff written into the score, and for you Christians, there is some delicious food for the soul in the text. Verse one reads: Reverently and meekly now, let thy head most humbly bow. Think on me, thou ransomed one; think what I for thee have done. With my blood that dripped like rain, Sweat in agony of pain. With my body on the tree, I have suffered death for thee. Figure out what it means for your own personal relationship with Him, and read the rest of the text to get an even more powerful message. Singing this song for me, from the perspective of the Savior, always wrenches my heart, and gives me strong desires to follow His counsels and example. The official way to commit someone to keeping a commandment or making a covenant is along the lines of "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and...?" So, I extend this challenge to you. Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and ? It is a yes or no question, and the answer is yes or no. Do, or do not. There is no try. However, should you slip up, reread the text and try again the next living breath you take to be better and like Him. God be with you till we meet again. Elder Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment