Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hello

We discovered the joyous hour of six in the morning to do our laundry on p-days. During this hour, minimal amounts of missionaries do their laundry and the computers are open for email in a relatively quiet atmosphere.  I'm pretty sure that this is going to be a new habit for the two of us.

We began to teach an investigator and she is from Venezuela and goes by the name of Ivelisse. She has lots of questions, but that is definitely a good thing, because it means that she is paying attention and taking a little interest.

I meet with the Consulate for Argentina today to get my Visa, and it means that I don't get to go to the temple this week. This makes me very sad, because the temple is a place where we can feel the Spirit of God and where literally God is present at times. Some of my favorite moments in life include the temple, and I love it so.

President Tyler responded to this week's report that I sent him with a page typed and four pages of articles because he felt prompted to do so, whereas normally he just writes a  word or two of encouragement. He really was inspired to do so, for he answered my question precisely and so immediately that it was a literal answer to my prayers and built my faith.

The computer this week has decided that it is okay to freeze up multiple times during my email session, and this doesn't exactly make me happy, but I am grateful to have time to send information home. I also just noticed that my email has three lines per each section and decided to continue that pattern though I had little to say...

I have been keeping many journals over t"he course of my mission thus far. The word in Spanish for "remember" is also the same as "to record", and there is a hidden truth in that coincidence. One page a night takes about fifteen minutes if undistracted. Twenty five tops. Try it, and by the end of forty years you'll have written three thousand or so pages.

A really pretty sister missionary sat next to me during one of the firesides, and I had forgotten how distracting that can be to deal with. Nothing really happened, other than the fact that I wasn't as focused inwardly, though I most likely appeared so outwardly. I'm not sure what to make of this, but I'm sure I'll figure out what to do eventually should this happen in the future.

God loves each of his children, and invites all to repent and come unto Him to be saved from their sins and to be exalted in His Kingdom forever. This is true. If any of you ever doubt that there is a God or that He loves His children, remember that this young man gave up two years of his life to testify that He lives, and that he knows it as sure as he knows that he lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment